pot calling kettle black

11 messages
29/11/2010 at 16:13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EftkoYV84mM

somebody posted above link on another site , what your take on this ,

did the rider pull out without looking properly (*apart from being way to close to traffic in front )

29/11/2010 at 16:49

Happened so close to the guy on the bike changing lanes that the guy in the car could have been in the process of moving into the middle lane at a speed faster than the biker and not seen the biker moving into that lane.

Close call. No damage done. You get at least one of those a day riding into London..

30/11/2010 at 06:01

It seemed  to me that he was toddling along behind the wagon when there were gaps he could have pulled out into ( in front of the other bike could have been a good one ) but as soon as the incident occurred he then went out into the outside lane and was harassing the car that was there to get out of the way, after which he accelerated  to a speed much faster than he'd earlier been doing.

In the circumstances, I could understand any following driver not expecting him to pull out. Perhaps that's what the car driver thought. It would have been different if he'd been travelling faster than the wagon and just come up to it, I'd then expect him to be wanting to pass it. 

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.
30/11/2010 at 12:31

I agree with everyone above. 

Stupid rider is blaming the wrong person.  I'd wager that they didn't even use their indicators let alone take a rear observation before their dumbarse lane change.

30/11/2010 at 12:35

He has his moments doesn't he?

How recently did they pass their DAS/return to riding?

30/11/2010 at 21:16

following is part of his post  

not sure what sort of instructor, perhaps pushbike 

and I do the life save evry time I pull out that from my 20 yrs as a bike Instructor

30/11/2010 at 22:19
Out of random curiosity chaps - in the clip posted by FJS earlier, what would have been your courses of action.

Leaving aside what appear to be fairly slow reactions to a car in front anchoring-on in the fast lane adjacent to an off ramp, at the point that it potentially becomes a problem, there are 4 lanes to choose from.

Assuming that the situation was more severe and brakes alone weren't going to get you out of the situation, would you cut to the right or to the left?

I initially thought that the right would be the obvious choice, but assuming i'd been asleep enough to let the above happen, theres a chance I wouldn't know what was happening in lane 3, so bailing over to the left and up the slip might be an alternative (essentially flanking the car) as you know that these lanes are clear (or have a higher likelihood unless someone is undertaking).

I'd probably cut to the right ie:- going into the space he's coming from as opposed to the one he's going to, but then i'm still fairly low down the learning curve.
30/11/2010 at 22:21

Agree with pretty much all said above.

The mindset of people like this who pot their videos on the internet fascinates me. In a watching a trainwreck kind-of way.

They must be really, really 'into' their riding to be bothered to post this, blare the horn etc etc. Yet the actual riding is what I'd expect of someone after 6 pints and a fight with the missus. I doubt most people who post in here will ever 'get' people who can ride like this without questioning thier own MO

01/12/2010 at 04:51
FJSRiDER. wrote (see)

I agree with everyone above. 

That's no good. Someone has to disagree or we won't get a proper fight going. 

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.
01/12/2010 at 07:47
hextal wrote (see)
Out of random curiosity chaps - in the clip posted by FJS earlier, what would have been your courses of action.

Could you not predict something like that happening?

I'd avoid following in the nearside blind-spot of any car for a distance on a motorway in the first place but I would have presumed as I approached the slowed (or queuing?) traffic just after the exit that every vehicle in front of me might do something stupid to avoid it.

01/12/2010 at 07:53
siwel wrote (see)

following is part of his post  

not sure what sort of instructor, perhaps pushbike 

and I do the life save evry time I pull out that from my 20 yrs as a bike Instructor

If that really is motorcycle instructor with 20 years experience he'll be the shittist instructor ever.

More like he passed his test 20 years ago, gave up riding for 15 years and has started doing CBT's as a down-trained grunt for a rubbish school and thinks he is some riding god because of it.  

Your say
email image
11 messages