Keep your bike close to you when you go camping with the MOTOTENT from motorcycle adventurers Lone Rider.
Priced at £349, here's a round-up of the features from Lone Rider:
- The MOTOTENT is spacious enough to shelter a dual sport bike as big a BMW R1200 GSA with all its luggage, to have room to work on it, and to be able to stand in the tent.
- The tunnel-shaped design allows a very quick setup of the tent when needed. A simple color coded poles system enables an easy set-up. When exhausted and caught in a downpour, when the rain seeps into your neck, you can now be sheltered, shielded, in the dry and standing in your MOTOTENT while your clothes are drying, all in minutes.
- The tent is designed to be compact and lightweight despite its size. It weighs 5.5 kg (12 lbs) and is less than 60cms long once packed, which is unique for a tent of this size. This required long research efforts and the use of high performance fabrics.
- The MOTOTENT is made of very high quality materials; those selected by the best brands of adventure equipment: the fabrics are treated to resist UV and heavy rains while being extremely light and fine. These are similar to those used for paragliding. The poles and pegs are tempered dural aluminum, one of the best strength/weight ratios.
- The MOTOTENT can fit all types of motorcycle. The garage part of the tent is 2.4 m long, 1.3 m wide, and 1.9 m high. It can fit all dual sport bikes (a BMW R1200GS, a KTM990 Adventure, a Triumph Tiger and other Kawasaki KLR650 with the largest equipment mounted on the bike can easily fit in). Indeed, thanks to its wide front door you can even shelter small side cars (type Ural or Royal Enfield).
You can buy a Lone Rider Mototent from the UK distributors Twistmoto